No live meetings
Over 4 weeks
learners per class
per learner - per week
How does a "Flex" course work?
No scheduled live video chats
Discussions via classroom forum and private messages with the teacher
Great if your learner prefers independent pacing or is uncomfortable with live video chat
Don't see a time that works for you?
Class Structure (4-week flex class with non-live instructional videos): - Learners will complete 4 different sentence structure tasks in 4 weeks following the pre-determined schedule. - Learners will watch one or more instructional videos each week related to sentence structure techniques and strategies for completing the weekly tasks. - Learners will submit their individual assignments to the teacher for private feedback. - Weekly handouts for the writing activities will be provided...
- Learners will develop and improve on writing skills. In particular, students will work on fine-tuning their sentence structures to better express their ideas. - In this flex class, learners will learn to write simple sentences, compound sentences, complex sentences, imperative sentences. Paragraph writing will also be introduced in week 4. - Learners will also be able to practice a variety of learning strategies including attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, self-discipline, proper communication and etc.
- Miss Annet is a certified Teach English as a Second Language teacher in Canada. She also has a Master of Arts in Cultural and Educational Studies.
- Weekly instructional video - Weekly writing tasks to share as a discussion post with the class
- If learners would like to complete the tasks/handouts digitally, they can use Adobe or Microsoft Office. - If learners would like to complete the tasks by hand, they can print the handouts, complete by hand, and take a picture for submission. - If learners don't have a printer and would like to complete the tasks by hand, they can use their own paper, and take a picture for submission.
Learners will not need to use any apps or websites beyond the standard Outschool tools.
No live meetings, and an estimated 0 - 1 hours per week outside of class.
- We will refer to the handouts created by the teacher of this course.
Annet C., M.A.
reading and writing teacher | certified ESL instructor
🇨🇦Lives in Canada
10 total reviews
32 completed classes
Hello everyone, I'm Miss Annet. I hope to see your children in my book clubs and writing courses. Overview of the classes: - reading and writing for age 7 - 15 - for book clubs, students will need to find a copy of the book - learner-focused,...